Wednesday, December 12, 2018
Home Soccer News Monaco-Nice match postponed amid mass French protests

Monaco-Nice match postponed amid mass French protests

0
5

PARIS (AP) — A French league soccer match between Monaco and Nice has been postponed amid security concerns about anti-government protests across the country.

It’s the third match postponed amid fears of protest violence. The others are Paris Saint-Germain against Montpellier and Toulouse against Lyon.

The Monaco-Nice match had been scheduled for Friday. The league says it was postponed at the request of the Monaco palace and authorities in the French region that surrounds the tiny principality. It says the matches will be rescheduled.

France’s government is deploying extra security around the country amid threats of new protests on Saturday. Recent demonstrations against fuel tax rises and other grievances have resulted in rioting, looting and hundreds of injuries.

___

More AP soccer: https://apnews.com/apf-Soccer and https://twitter.com/AP_Sports

Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.



View the Original Article

GET MORE NEWS & REVIEWS 

STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX

Subscribe and get interesting sports news to your inbox.

We respect your privacy and take protecting it seriously