Chelsea targeting a new striker
As things stand Alvaro Morata and Olivier Giroud are Chelsea’s two main strikers.
Giroud has not been great in the league this season for Chelsea, finding the net just once in 16 appearances.
Morata has also been in poor form and is now being linked with a move away from Chelsea.
As a result, Chelsea are said to be in the market for a new centre-forward.
The main name Chelsea are being linked with is AC Milan forward, Gonzalo Higuain.
However, should Chelsea fail to land Higuain, it is being reported that the Blues are willing to pay £50m for Bournemouth star, Callum Wilson.
.@ChelseaFC manager Maurizio Sarri is willing to pay up to £50m for Bournemouth striker Callum Wilson if he is unable to bring Gonzalo Higuain to Stamford Bridge.
Which striker would you want leading the line?
Full story: https://t.co/GETe3ZdRtG
— Sky Sports Premier League (@SkySportsPL) January 9, 2019
Howe sends hands off warning over Wilson
Wilson is having an excellent 2018/19 season.
In 20 league games for Bournemouth this campaign, Wilson has scored nine and assisted six.
Wilson’s excellent form also earned him his first ever England call-up in November of last year.
Despite Chelsea reportedly being willing to pay a staggering £50m for Wilson, Eddie Howe has declared he would not sell Wilson no matter the price:
“It’s just my opinion but I wouldn’t sell at any price. But I’m the manager of the team, trying to create the best team I can.
“We desperately want to take the team forward and to do that, we have to keep our best players.
“He has been a really good goalscorer for us, which is the hardest thing to do in the sport. We value him very highly.
“I’ve been told about the speculation – it’s not something which I seek to read.”
Related: Eddie Howe gives Bournemouth injury update before Everton
Farhad Moshiri issues Marco Silva warning before Everton vs Bournemouth