A video of the incident was posted on social media and an investigation has been launched
Burnley are investigating a post-match incident, which appears to show one fan getting knocked out during a mass brawl outside Turf Moor.
The fight happened outside the stadium following the home side’s 2-0 win on Saturday.
The sickening footage shows a group of people throwing punches on the street as fans tried to avoid the melee.
One man, who is believed to be a Burnley fan, could be seen falling to the floor after being attacked by two people.
Burnley tweeted the following statement on Monday: “Burnley FC is aware of a post-match incident involving two sets of supporters outside Turf Moor after Saturday’s game with Cardiff City.
“In addition, a number of offensive posts have been reported to the club, and we are working with Lancashire Constabulary on both these issues.”
LIVE ON talkSPORT
talkSPORT is your home of live football! Here’s what’s coming up on talkSPORT and talkSPORT 2…
- Barcelona vs Manchester United (Tuesday, 8pm) – talkSPORT
- Juventus vs Ajax (Tuesday, 8pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Porto vs Liverpool (Wednesday, 8pm) – talkSPORT
- Napoli vs Arsenal (Thursday, 8pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Sheffield United vs Nottingham Forest (Friday, 12:30pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Leeds vs Wigan (Friday, 3pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Sunderland vs Doncaster (Friday, 5:15pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Norwich vs Sheffield Wednesday (Friday, 7:45pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Newcastle vs Southampton (Saturday, 5:30pm) – talkSPORT
- Accrington Stanley vs Luton (Saturday, 5:30pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Everton vs Manchester United (Sunday, 1:30pm) – talkSPORT
- Cardiff vs Liverpool (Sunday, 4pm) – talkSPORT
The club later reported that a supporter had been banned following offensive social media posts, which were reportedly about the tragic death of Emiliano Sala.
An update read: “Burnley Football Club has today taken action against a supporter following a number of offensive social media posts, made following Saturday’s Premier league game v Cardiff City.
“The club, which has a strict zero tolerance policy to any racial, or discriminatory behaviour, strongly condemns the posts.
“We are grateful to supporters for bringing them to the club’s attention and, following a meeting with club officials this morning, the person responsible has been banned with immediate effect from Turf Moor, pending the conclusion of a police investigation.
“Burnley Football Club also continues to liaise with Lancashire Constabulary regarding a post-match incident outside Turf Moor on Saturday, involving both Burnley and Cardiff City supporters.”